Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My latest interest of the month

So I've been really into YouTube lately. It started out as a way to watch old 80's cartoons (God I miss those days), then moved into the realm of Anime. Now I'm on there mainly to watch video game playthroughs, also known as "Let's Play" videos. I started following a few different gamers, and got more and more into it. That's when I decided to try it myself. I'm slowly learning how to effectively record videos and I'm hoping to have some up soon. Of course, I've been saying that since December, but I've been busy.

Actually, it's more likely due to my laziness. >.<

So here are the issues I'm having right now. When I record games straight from my computer, the recording program makes the game lag. When I record games from my consoles, the program I use doesn't allow me to record commentary at the same time, and the audio gets messed up a lot. I'm trying to figure out how to fix all those problems, but have had limited success due to my relative lack of computer knowledge. Plus this is all being done on a Laptop, so I'm guessing that might have something to do with it.

So, despite my problems recording videos, I'm still having fun. I may not be able to make and upload videos yet, but what I can do now is make live video game playing streams. What is that you ask? Well, basically you can watch me play video games and chat with me at the same time! Sadly I don't have a following yet since I'm still very new, and not that many people show up. I do get a few people together every now and again though, and when that happens it's a lot of fun. I hope to have a regular thing going at some point, as well as bring in guest players. I'm excited to see how it all plays out.

No comments:

Post a Comment